The Beginning 1937The original Mary Coyle Ice Cream & Candy store opens in 1937. Located at 26 East Exchange Street in Akron, Ohio. The Coyle’s would expand to include 5 locations in the Akron area.
Only One 1951The original Mary Coyle Ice Cream & Candies opens on Exchange Street in Akron, Ohio. They would eventually grow to 5 locations in Northeast Ohio.
New Owner 1963The Highland Square Mary Coyle Ice Cream location is purchased in 1963 by Jack Coultrap. Jack would go on to operate Mary Coyle Ice Cream for 24 years.
Michael Is Hired 196715-year old Michael Trecaso is hired in April 1967 to serve Mary Coyle ice cream. Here he first learned the value of an honest day’s work. An important lesson he would later impart to his six children!
Trecaso's Begins 1973In 1973, Michael Trecaso opens Michael Trecaso’s Italian Restaurant,at the age of 21. it was a full-service restaurant located in the heart University of Akron campus and just blocks away from Quaker Square shops. The restaurant specialized in homemade Italian classics made from old world family recipes. It was a place where students, famlies, and friends where able to enjoy home cooking.
After a taste contest The Akron Beacon Journal Concluded that “The ultimate pizza…would have Trecaso’s crust.” (City Visitor October, 1990)